Are wireless smart homes in Stamford worth it?
Not so long ago, home security systems were restricted to wired devices linked through a long installation process. Those days are over. Wireless technology has transformed the market and created a multitude of new possibilities for residents.
Are you trying to figure out if a wireless smart home in Stamford is right for you and your family? See what you need to know about going wireless.
What to know before switching to wireless
The foundation of any wireless network is a sound link to the internet. Reliable, speedy internet and a compatible wireless router are the two main ingredients you’ll need. If you haven’t replaced your router in a couple of years, think about switching it out now to benefit from the latest performance improvements.
If you reside in a location without trustworthy high-speed internet or cellular coverage, you might be well-advised to go with a hard-wired connection. And, it might make more sense from a financial standpoint to remain with a current setup if you move to a home pre-wired for security.
No matter where you reside, internet and utility disruptions can take place. With this in mind, find security options with cellular and battery backups to keep you connected.
What are the perks of a wireless smart home in Stamford?
Defending your home against known risks like burglary and fire is the chief objective of any home security system. You can do this with hard-wired and wireless systems, but if you wish to take advantage of the latest innovations, a wireless smart home is your best choice. When you install a wireless system, you can take advantage of the following:
● Remote access: Would you appreciate being able to secure your entryways or watch live video from your phone? A wireless smart home provides a level of access you’ve never experienced. You can remotely inspect or adjust any incorporated components, such as your smart thermostat or lighting.
● Instant notifications: You can not only access your system, but it may also access you. If a sensor is activated, a notification will be sent immediately to your mobile device app. You’ll always be notified when the system goes off, no matter where you are.
● Flexible and scalable: Different from wired implements, you can place wireless ones just about anyplace. Want to have a surveillance camera on your desktop or in your kid’s bedroom? You got it! It’s also straightforward to add or remove components from your wireless smart home.
Possible drawbacks of wireless systems
Although wireless smart homes in Stamford have proven reliable and effective, there are a couple of potential drawbacks. You might give thought to the following:
● You might need to replace batteries. If you incorporate battery-powered devices, there’s always the possibility of an interruption when the battery dies. However, smart components will notify you when power is low and often last for several years without calling for a replacement.
● Placement of devices. There could be a limit on how far you are able to put wireless sensors away from the centralized command hub. This won’t be an issue in most homes, but you need to find out about the restrictions before making a decision.
● Risk of online hacking. Just like any computer network, the potential of hacking is present. But you can considerably reduce this risk by incorporating hard-to-guess passwords, always changing default settings, and choosing routers with built-in security.
Design your Vivint wireless smart home in Stamford today!
Experience everything a wireless smart home can do by customizing your own with a Vivint specialist today. You’ll appreciate having access to your Stamford security system from any location. Reach out to (475) 250-2250 to get started.