How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Stamford smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home’s security system as it links your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in full charge of your Stamford home’s automation and security. See what it can do and check out suggestions to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Stamford benefit you?
Connecting wirelessly to components with radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You may arm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. If adding a video doorbell, you can even talk to whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular functionality and a backup battery for added reliability. It also gives you convenient remote operation with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- View live or saved video streams from all linked cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Stamford by setting schedules or initiating rules. For instance, you could have your smart thermostat change automatically nightly at a specified time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your entrances unlock whenever the smoke alarm triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your security system
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just follow these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will still be present in your house and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and everything in the home will activate.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The Smart Hub will show a message if the system isn’t able to arm. For instance, an open window or door will urge you to act. Note that you can still arm your home’s security by adhering to the steps above. You will then need to verify you would like to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Stamford
Despite the fact that various users can be programmed when your system is installed, you may want to add another user down the road. Here’s how it’s done.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote access, select email or phone and submit the info to deliver an invitation.
- Touch Next and then create a PIN for this new user.
- To remove a user, go to the menu, touch users, select the user you want to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take control of your home’s security and automation through an intuitive touchscreen panel? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Stamford home security system. Call (475) 250-2250 to get started.