What should I do when my Stamford home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system safeguards your home – and your loved ones – against the various risks you may face, like break-ins, flooding, and fire. Despite the fact that your home may be ready, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you understand what to do if your Stamford home alarm system goes off? The blaring of an alarm is likely to be jarring, confusing, and could incite panic. Your best choice is to stay composed and abide by these simple tips.
Steps to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Stamford Triggers
It’s a scenario no resident wants to face, but it’s also why you installed a home alarm system from the outset. You’re awakened in the wee hours of the morning with the distinct blaring of an alarm after a security sensor has been activated. So what is your next move?
- Try not to panic. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is blaring, and your heart is pounding. But keeping a cool head is the most effective way to evaluate what’s going on. Avoid the temptation of trying to handle the emergency yourself instead let your monitoring experts and first responders do their job.
- Take care of your family. Your main focus should be your family and moving them out of harm’s way. In the case of a intrusion, this might mean proceeding to a designated safe zone as far from entrances as possible. There’s a good chance that your alarm immediately deterred the intruder, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. If there’s fumes or a blaze, you ought to vacate your house without delay.
- Don’t forget your phone. Nowadays, most individuals have their cell phones at all times, but you may forget to pick it up during an emergency. Try to remember it. You’ll have the opportunity to stay in touch with your monitoring professionals and obtain alerts through your home security app.
Connect With Your 24/7 Monitoring Specialists
Any time your home alarm system in Stamford goes off, your 24-hour monitoring professionals will act immediately. Their first step is to verify your alarm, and that involves communicating with you. The guideline they abide by depends on the kind of emergency. For instance, if a medical emergency is triggered, a single effort will be made to reach you before help is sent out. If you have a burglary alarm - the most typical sort of event - a monitoring professional will adhere to these procedures to get in touch with you:
- An effort will be made to contact you through the command hub. You will usually be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that effort is not successful, a call is made to your principal contact number.
- A second number or your primary contact person is tried next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, local police are dispatched.
- Your monitoring professionals will try to reach you again after authorities are contacted.
If you're not in a position to interact with monitoring staff, that’s OK. Help will still be deployed even if you're not able to verify the emergency.
Get prepared for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Stamford
Get prepared for any emergency with a modern home alarm system in Stamford from Vivint. Contact (475) 250-2250 to start the customization of your home’s protection today.